Join thousands of fellow campervan travellers
Sign up for our Britz newsletter to receive inspirational travel content and awesome deals, and we'll send you a copy of our Ultimate RV guide!
Please confirm subscription in your email.
Travel within Australia
Many states have or are in the process of easing travel restrictions. To check on where each State is at, please review the links below relevant to you:
Entry into Australia from Overseas
Currently, only Australian citizens, residents and immediate family members are able travel to Australia. All travelers to Australia are required to self-isolate for 14 days, either at home or in a hotel. Restrictions are in place until further notice.
Further information can be found here.
Branch opening days and hours
Branches are open 7 days a week. Our branch hours are:
- Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 3:30pm
- Friday 3.30pm-6pm to meet customers with pre-confirmed bookings
- Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:30pm to meet customers with pre-confirmed bookings
- Branch after-hours is possible upon request
COVID SAFE Policy
The safety of our customers and crew is incredibly important to us and your kindness and support is welcomed as we all adjust to the new normal and find the best way to deliver a safe and swift vehicle pick-up process and customer experience.
At the branch and collecting your vehicle
Contact Tracing – we will ask all visitors that enter our branches to record their name and phone number for contact tracing purposes only. We also have a record of our staff onsite at any given day and time. The COVID-19 contact tracing app is encouraged to be downloaded but not legislated to do so.
Physically distant, but never far away – we are asking all our customers and branch crew to practice social distancing. Please adhere to signage across the branch, advising our customers of our safety processes.
Crew safety standards – any crew you meet will have appropriate equipment and training to keep people safe and the thl environment hygienic.
Cleaning standards – Our cleaning and hygiene practices are already robust, but we are supplementing them with extra measures based on advice from the World Health Organisation and national health authorities.
Vehicle cleaning – all our motorhomes receive a thorough deep clean using appropriate disinfectants.
Collecting your vehicle – We have changed our processes so that you can do the introductory ‘walk through’ of your vehicle without close contact with our crew. To further support you with vehicle familiarization we have compiled a library of ‘how-to’ videos. Simply download the ‘thl RoadTrip app’ via the Google Play and Apple App store. Once downloaded, you can access the ‘how-to’ videos in the section ‘Vehicle help videos’ found in the left hand menu.
On-road care – We have an on-road care team available 24/7 to answer any questions our customers have with motorhome functionality.
Emergency Housing for Self Isolation
- Self-contained motorhomes are a good option for people who need to self-isolate but are unable to do so safely in their current home or living situation.
- Motorhomes will need to be parked up at a stationary location and are not permitted to travel around the country.
- If you would like to speak to us about this option, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our reservations team.
- We can support essential businesses with self-contained motorhomes for the purposes of essential worker services, isolation / quarantine, or emergency housing
- If you would like to speak to us about this option, please email us email@example.com or call 1800113033.
Cancellations and booking changes
For those who have booked with thl (websites, contact centre or branch)
Please contact our reservations team to discuss cancellation options.
We understand the disruption that COVID-19 has caused to your travels, so we’re currently offering a great flexible travel option for anyone picking up before 23:59pm AEST on Sunday 31st May 2020:
• Any cancellation fees will be applied as a credit towards a future booking
• The credit will also entitle you to 20% off the daily rental rate of this future booking
• The future booking can be made with any thl brand in New Zealand, Australia, or the United States
• There will be no amendment fees if the location, brand or vehicle differs from the current booking
• The credit will be valid for travel in the next 24 months and must be booked by 30 June 2020.
For those who have booked via a travel agent or third party
If you booked with a travel agency or another third party website, please contact them directly.
What is the status of caravan parks and camping grounds?
The Caravan Industry Association of Australia has advised that individual states are responsible for deciding whether campsites and holiday parks can remain open. The current status for regions can be found: