Join thousands of fellow campervan travellers
Sign up for our Britz newsletter to receive inspirational travel content and awesome deals, and we'll send you a copy of our Ultimate RV guide!
Please confirm subscription in your email.
Buying an Ex-Rental Campervan
After you have the taste of freedom on the road after a Britz campervan rental, you might be looking to carry on this adventurous lifestyle with your very own set of wheels.
Along with Britz Campervans, RV Super Centre belongs to the world's largest motorhome rental operator, thl. The team has all the expertise needed to guide you in the right direction when looking to make your first motorhome purchase.
With the largest collection of both new and used motorhomes in New Zealand, and fully equipped Service Centres around the country providing motorhome repairs, services as well as accessories, this duo is the dream team you need to find the perfect motorhome for you.
Shop a wide range of new and ex-rental campervans from our sister brand RVSC.
Try before you buy – How it works
Renting a motorhome is the perfect way to figure out what features you want before making your motorhome purchase. This way you can see what works for you and what doesn’t from firsthand experience.
Take the guesswork out of the equation and get this decision right from the get-go with the Try Before You Buy scheme.
Here's how the Try Before You Buy scheme works:
- Rent a campervan from the Britz website and have an epic holiday
- Make the decision that you want your campervan to embrace the freedoms of the #vanlife lifestyle
- Purchase a new or refurbished motorhome from the RV Super Centre within 3 months of your rental
- Provide proof of your thl hire and receive up to $1500 of your vehicle hire costs - it's that easy.
The benefits of buying an ex-rental motorhome
Aside from the incredible savings, benefits are abundant to buying an ex-rental as your first motorhome.
- Customise your campervan... Buying an ex-rental motorhome doesn't mean that you miss out on all the special extras. The best way to add that feeling of luxury to your motorhome is through customisation. Whether you want to choose new upholstery or add in some new tech, customising your motorhome is the perfect way to make it feel your own.
- Reliable and refurbished by experts... The RVSC team provides quality refurbishments to ensure your motorhome will meet safety standards and operate reliably.
- No build or DIY is required... To save you the hassle, RVSC's refurbished motorhomes go through mechanical and structural checks to ensure that your campervan is road-ready from collection.
- More affordable than new... Ex-rental motorhomes allow even those on a budget to purchase without breaking the bank. Savings made can even go towards customising your motorhome to make it feel even more your own.
- Built to last... All motorhomes under the thl brand are regularly serviced throughout the rental lifespan, as well as being designed and built to the top specifications for design and safety.
Unsure where to start? Check out what to look for when buying a used motorhome.
Shop the range of new and ex-rental campervans now.
Find your nearest RV Super Centre dealer.